Wednesday, September 30, 2009

In Times Of Trials & Suffering

"Don't ever forget those early days when you first learned about Christ. Remember how you remained faithful even though it meant terrible suffering. Sometimes you were exposed to public ridicule and were beaten, and sometimes,you helped others who were suffering the same things. You suffered along with those who were thrown into jail. When all you owned was taken from you, you accepted it with joy. You knew you had better things waiting for you in eternity. Do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord, no matter what happens. Remember the great reward it brings you! Patient endurance is what you need now, so you will continue to do God's will Then you will receive all that He has promised." (Hebrews 10:32-36) 

"For I live in eager expectation and hope that I will never do anything that causes me shame, but that I will always be bold for Christ, as I have been in the past, and that my life will always honor Christ, whether I live or die. For to me, to live (living) is for Christ, and to die (dying) is my gain (even better). Yet if I live, that means fruitful service for Christ. Sometimes I long to go and be with the Lord. That would be far better for me. But it is better for the lost that I live." (Philippians 1:20-24) 


While we are here walking this earth, seeking to see lost lives changed, and their hearts given to the Lord Jesus Christ; we must always remember, and be continually encouraged, that His eternal promise for our lives has not and will not ever change!


No matter what we go through here on this earth as we are carrying out Christ's call on our lives, we "will" receive the greatest promise of eternal life with Jesus Christ when all is said and done. To that knowledge, there is nothing better! We are, and will always be blessed and privileged to have such an extraordinary promise for our lives at the end of our journey to this natural life.


We must do all we can to honor God through our days of service and surrender completely to Him. Praying regularly for His strength to empower us, that our faith will not fail, and that His will, will be done in our lives.


Through prayer and seeking we will stay fruitful in all we do for the kingdom of God with the time we have left. We will take the trials and suffering with pride and joy, knowing God is and will always be right by our side each step of the way, ready and waiting to fulfill His eternal promise for our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment